Thank you for your interest in the city of Thornton!
You are welcome to apply on-line for any of our current openings listed. Click on the position title you are interested in and click the "Apply" link.
To check the status of an application, or to be notified by e-mail when a particular job vacancy becomes available, please refer to the link above.
The city of Thornton only accepts applications online.
- If this is your first time applying in this system, you will need to create an account on our secure site.
- This application can be saved and used to apply for more than one job opening including future openings.
- Once you hit the "Accept" button at the end of the application process, you will see a confirmation message. If you do not see this, your application has not been submitted.
- Your application will be used as a screening tool. Completeness and accuracy are important!
- It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience which may qualify you for the position. Resumes and cover letters may be included but will not substitute for the work experience on the application.
- Incomplete/inaccurate applications may result in disqualification.
- You are encouraged to review each application at the time of submittal to ensure information is correct, current, and related to specific job openings.
- Any false or untrue statements or material omissions in the application and related paperwork or during the selection process could disqualify you from consideration.
- Online applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted.
- If you need help logging into your account, including Username or Password issues, you should contact GovernmentJobs.com/NEOGOV at 855-524-5627 for assistance. City of Thornton staff are unable to help you with your account.
- The City of Thornton is a drug and alcohol free workplace that follows the federal guidelines in regards to drug and alcohol testing.
Americans with Disabilities Act Information
In accordance with the requirements of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 ("ADA"), the City of Thornton will not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability in its services, programs, or activities. Upon request, the City may provide appropriate aids and services leading to effective communication for qualified persons with disabilities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer